John Newton: The Angry Sailor
John Newton hated being a sailor. The ship's officers treated him terribly. John wondered how God could have let this happen to him. Every day he got angrier and angrier. He fought with everyone and stole whenever he got the chance. By the time he was seventeen, he had about the worst reputation in the whole navy! John prayed that God would get him off the horrible warship. But in His Amazing Grace, God had other plans for a young man shunned as "the worst of the worst," changed into a man of God who helped turn the heart of England against the slave trade. This biography by proflic writer Kary Marshall Strom, is a middle grade biography about John Newton, the man who wrote the hymn, "Amazing Grace."
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781981463473
- ISBN: 198146347X
- Publication Year: 2018