Jug Band Extravaganza
Todd Kwait produced a documentary on the history and future of jug band music called Chasin' Gus' Ghost (named after the great Gus Cannon). The film debuted at the 2007 San Francisco Jug Band Festival, and as an adjunct event, Kwait produced a concert of modern jug band music at the Great American Music Hall during the festival. The show featured Jim Kweskin, Geoff Muldaur, John Sebastian, David Grisman, Maria Muldaur, Dan Hicks, Suzy Thompson, and Fritz Richmond's Barbecue Orchestra, all of whom participated in the film documentary. This is the CD release of that night's performance, and it spotlights the joyous, fun urgency of jug band music, itself an amalgam of blues, folk, ragtime, and whatever else its practitioners felt like throwing into the mix. ~ Steve Leggett, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Folk Era Records
- UPC: 045507148220