Juliet Takes A Breath
Meet Juliet Milagros Palante.A self-proclaimed closeted Puerto Rican baby dyke from the Bronx. Only, she's not so closeted anymore after coming out to her family the evening before she flies to Portland, Oregon (of all places), to intern with her favorite feminist writer-an experience that Juliet is certain will change her world. However, coming out doesn't go so well, and, when she leaves home, Juliet's not so sure if her mother will ever speak to her again.As she embarks on a summer full of explorations of race and identity, queer brown dance parties, and a motorcycle-riding librarian, Juliet will ultimately learn that feminism is whatever she decides it is, and only she can create the life she wants.As praised by Roxane Gay, Juliet Takes a Breath is "quite dazzling, funny as hell, poignant, [and] F***ing outstanding." You'll fall in love with this coming-of-age story about a young woman's journey to find herself to define herself-as she comes out to her family, herself, and the world.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Freeform
- ISBN-13: 9781368026307
- ISBN: 1368026303
- Publication Year: 2019