Juliet Takes A Breath
Meet Juliet Milagros Palante.A self-proclaimed closeted Puerto Rican baby dyke from the Bronx. Only, she's not so closeted anymore after coming out to her family the evening before she flies to Portland, Oregon (of all places), to intern with her favorite feminist writer-an experience that Juliet is certain will change her world. However, coming out doesn't go so well, and, when she leaves home, Juliet's not so sure if her mother will ever speak to her again.As she embarks on a summer full of explorations of race and identity, queer brown dance parties, and a motorcycle-riding librarian, Juliet will ultimately learn that feminism is whatever she decides it is, and only she can create the life she wants.As praised by Roxane Gay, Juliet Takes a Breath is "quite dazzling, funny as hell, poignant, [and] F***ing outstanding." You'll fall in love with this coming-of-age story about a young woman's journey to find herself to define herself-as she comes out to her family, herself, and the world.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Freeform
- ISBN-13: 9781368026307
- ISBN: 1368026303
- Publication Year: 2019