Jumpin Jive:Lionel Hampton Vol.2
Lionel Hampton's small-group swing sessions of 1937-41 were consistently brilliant but unfortunately the current Bluebird CD reissue program has issued these performances in almost random fashion on three separate CDs, leaving out many strong sides and often dividing up sessions between two overlapping CDs. The second volume has a little of this and a little of that including a hot session featuring altoist Johnny Hodges, a few of tenor-saxophonist Chu Berry's best performances (particularly "Sweethearts on Parade") and the alternate take of "When Lights Are Low" but this CD is primarily for beginners; it'll drive Hampton collectors crazy. ~ Scott Yanow, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: SONY BMG MUSIC
- UPC: 078635243321