K?Hler Immersions Of K?Hler Manifolds Into Complex Space Forms
The aim of this book is to describe Calabi's original work on Kahler immersions of Kahler manifolds into complex space forms, to provide a detailed account of what is known today on the subject and to point out some open problems. Calabi's pioneering work, making use of the powerful tool of the diastasis function, allowed him to obtain necessary and sufficient conditions for a neighbourhood of a point to be locally Kahler immersed into a finite or infinite-dimensional complex space form. This led to a classification of (finite-dimensional) complex space forms admitting a Kahler immersion into another, and to decades of further research on the subject. Each chapter begins with a brief summary of the topics to be discussed and ends with a list of exercises designed to test the reader's understanding. Apart from the section on Kahler immersions of homogeneous bounded domains into the infinite complex projective space, which could be skipped without compromising the understanding of the rest of the book, the prerequisites to read this book are a basic knowledge of complex and Kahler geometry.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer Nature
- ISBN-13: 9783319994826
- ISBN: 3319994824
- Publication Year: 2018