Ken Howard's Switzerland: In The Footsteps Of Turner
British painting past and present meet as Ken Howard (b. 1932), one of England's most popular contemporary artists, follows the trail of world-renowned painter J.M.W. Turner, one of his heroes. Over the last several years Howard has been exploring the Swiss journeys of his illustrious predecessor, using Turner's travels there as his inspiration for an exciting new body of work. This handsome book contains an introduction to Turner's experience of the breathtaking Swiss lakes and mountains, some 100 striking new paintings by Howard, and photographs of him at work in the Alpine landscape.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Royal Academy of Arts
- ISBN-13: 9781907533396
- ISBN: 1907533397
- Publication Year: 2013