Since the development of photography in the mid-nineteenthcentury, the camera has been used as a tool of both discovery andpreservation. Photographs bring alive our image of the past and canopen a floodgate of memories and nostalgia or inspire curiosity and asense of history.From its early settlement in the 1600s to the present, the areaknown as "the Port" and "the Cape" has typified what it means tolive or vacation on the Maine coast. Kennebunkport is a study incontrasts: fishermen work the sea while tourists fill Dock Square insearch of art, "lobstah," and steamers; fish shanties dot the shore ofthe Cape while estates and luxury hotels dominate Ocean Avenue;sailboats glide serenely through the harbor while carnivals take placeon the Kennebunk River. It is this variety of people, places, andevents that has always made Kennebunkport one of the most dynamicand vivacious communities on the Northeastern seaboard.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Arcadia Pub
- ISBN-13: 9780738588407
- ISBN: 0738588407
- Publication Year: 1994