Directed by Wilfred Lucas, Starring Wilfred Lucas, Gertrude Astor, Lionel Belmore, Kingsley Benedict, Harry Carter, Pat Harmon, Anna Hernandez, Emmett C. King, Wilfred Lucas, Lillian Rich, Bert Woodruff, Reginald Denny, Bert Tracy, Verne WinterWritten by Wilfred Lucas, Gertrude Astor, Lionel Belmore, Kingsley Benedict, Harry Carter, Pat Harmon, Anna Hernandez, Emmett C. King, Wilfred Lucas, Lillian Rich, Bert Woodruff, Reginald Denny, Bert Tracy, Verne Winter
This horse-racing melodrama was Reginald Denny's first starring feature, after making a strong impression in a series of shorts called The Leather Pushers. Denny is Donald Gordon, the son of Colonel Moncrief Gordon, a Kentucky gentleman (Emmett King). Colonel Gordon makes a ten-thousand-dollar bet with his neighbor, Colon Home Woolrich (Lionel Belmore), that his horse, Duke Charles, can beat Woolrich's thoroughbred, Twilight, once they are mature enough to race. Donald incurs his father's wrath by marrying Alice Brown (Lillian Rich), the stableman's daughter. After he is sent away from his home, he goes to New York, where he is shanghaied by Captain Wolff (Wilfred Lucas). He is a prisoner on Wolff's ship for three years. Back home, Donald's cousin, Ralph (Walter McGrail), has stolen money from Colonel Gordon and claimed that Donald is the culprit. He plots to make a killing in the upcoming horse race by making sure that Twilight wins. Donald manages to return home in time to stop Ralph's plan from going through, and rides Duke Charles to victory. This film was adapted from the stage play The Suburban by Charles T. Dazey. Janiss Garza, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Alpha Video
- UPC: 089218768490
- Region: Region [unknown]