Abraham Lincoln wasnt the only president serving at the time of the Civil War. Readers will be introduced to Jefferson Davis, the president of the Confederate States of America, as well as other important people who determined the course of the American Civil War. The tactics of Ulysses S. Grant and the indefatigable Robert E. Lee are also covered. Knowledge of these key figures will enhance readers understanding of the war. Using end-of-chapter sidebars and marginal comments to prompt readers' critical thinking skills, this book will augment the social studies curriculum and engage readers with the complex story of leaders of the Civil War.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Library
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Gareth Stevens Pub Secondary Lib
- ISBN-13: 9781433975479
- ISBN: 1433975475
- Publication Year: 2012