La Detencion Del Tiempo/Time's Arrest
Poetry. Translated from the Spanish by Kristin Dykstra. Bilingual Edition. Reina Mar a Rodr guez is the author of many books of poetry and prose and something of a living legend in Havana's literary world. These poems are selected fromEn la arena de Padua (Ediciones Uni n, 1992), the book that established the language of crisis for which she is known today. Haunting poems explore the ghosts of people, places, economies, and time itself. Includes a translator's note by Dykstra and an afterward by Roberto Tejada that together help situate Rodr guez (and other recent Cuban poetry) in historical terms."Reina Mar a Rodr guez sings across borders of real bodies and image nations. A critical voice for a poetics of the Americas hundreds of years in the making, Rodr guez's poems overflow with insistent rhythms of everyday, refracted by a hundred mirrors facing inward, adjacent, beyond; turning on the promise of each next line. This poetry expresses the necessity not of phrase or stanza, not of breath or idea... but of motion." Charles Bernstein.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: Spanish
- Publisher: Factory School
- ISBN-13: 9781600019968
- ISBN: 160001996X
- Publication Year: 2005
- Edition: Bilingual