Risa De La Ciudad
Hampered by a low budget, this otherwise well-acted and excellently directed drama (Gilberto Gazcon is at the helm) takes an understanding look at a group of people living on the fringe of Mexico City in their own squatters' community. They are street entertainers who go out during the day and perform at many of the touristy spots, their glamorous backdrops belying the way they really live. Their group leader, of sorts, is young Beto (Joaquin Cordero) who huffs and bluffs his way along until one day an older man, Don Tencho (Jos? Elias Moreno) shows up and joins the community. Although he does not let on, he is really Beto's grandfather. Don Tencho subtly begins to instill the performers and the pickpockets among them, with bits and pieces of dignity and integrity. The results are not really surprising, but they are engaging and include a few twists and turns of fate. Eleanor Mannikka, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: E1 Entertainment Distribution
- UPC: 893024001524