Language Lessons: Stories For Teaching And Learning English
In today's linguistically diverse classrooms, it is essential for teachers to understand the needs of students who are acquiring English as an additional language. A firm knowledge of theoretical and practical issues must be paired with a deep understanding of the human side of language learning.Language Lessons: Stories for Teaching and Learning English is a short story anthology that offers valuable insight into the inner lives of language learners. A wide variety of linguistic backgrounds is represented in the collection, and the stories examine language learning issues over a broad range of time, highlighting cultural, political, and social realities that can shape the language learning experiences of children and adults. This volume can be used in a variety of education settings including undergraduate and graduate courses in TESOL, Literacy Studies, and Language Arts and faculty development workshops. Suggestions for guiding written responses to the material are given, and questions encourage readers to reflect on each story and to explore the multifaceted connections among stories.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Michigan Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780472031153
- ISBN: 0472031155
- Publication Year: 2007