Language Lessons: For When Your Mom Dies
Mary Clare Griffin shares her story as one of the forgotten survivors in Language Lessons. This gripping memoir pulls no punches. Griffin writes with raw intensity throughout the ordeal, from the sexual abuse she suffered as a child to the emotional and physical estrangement from her mother and the rest of the family. It is only with her mother's diagnosis and eventual death from breast cancer that the author can begin to rise up and overcome the fears, sorrows and agonies that paralyzed her emotionally and left her flailing in a downward spiral. It is uncommon for such raw, intimate tragedy to be addressed so artistically and poetically, as Griffin triumphantly does. Language Lessons is for the survivors, those who are left behind. Anyone who knows the pain and heartbreak of losing a friend or family member to cancer will relate to this book.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Greenleaf Book Group Llc
- ISBN-13: 9780966894011
- ISBN: 0966894014
- Publication Year: 1999