No matter your opinion of Liberace’s ostentatious and flamboyant style, his talent is unarguable. He learned the entertainment business as a teenager playing honky tonks and bars, moving after high school graduation to New York City. to California, then back to the Big Apple. Along the way Liberace developed his own unique style, combining shortened versions of classics with the popular tunes of the day. In the early 1940s he plopped the infamous candelabra on his grand piano, donned lavish, over-the top costumes, and the rest is history. From 1945 until the end of his life in 1987, Liberace called Las Vegas home—along with his multiple other homes, all of which he decorated in the most lavish (some would say completely kitschy) way imaginable. This book celebrates this very talented, unique artist.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Distribution Center
- Seller rating:
- Publisher: E.J. Morten
- ISBN-13: 201000000164
- Publication Year: 2014