Lifelines 22: Developing Literacy, Language And Numeracy In The Workplace
This Lifeline offers an introduction to the field of workplace literacy, language and numeracy. Providers are increasingly encouraged to target learners in the workplace; a priority for the government's Train to Gain initiative is to enable adults to achieve a first full level 2 qualification and to improve their literacy, language and numeracy skills. This guide supports those working with employers to set up provision for learners at work and provides practical advice for those teaching in factories, offices and other non-traditional environments, perhaps for the first time. Workplace provision enables teachers to access a new group of learners who are unlikely to attend traditional classes, and provides a context for literacy, language and numeracy development. The case studies demonstrate innovative approaches to working with a range of learners, unions and employers, providing snippets of valuable insights into what works.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Natl Inst of Adult Continuing
- ISBN-13: 9781862012479
- ISBN: 1862012474
- Publication Year: 2006