Light And Dark: The Autobiography Of Ken Howard
Ken Howard (b. 1932) is one of Britain's best-loved painters. His cityscapes and coastal scenes reveal a deep connection with Venice, London, and Cornwall; his studio interiors are masterly evocations of space and light. In this candid autobiography he reflects on work, travel, love, and loss. Recalling his early days at art school and the achievements and acclaim that followed, and his national service in the Royal Marines and the artistic commissions for the British Army that took him all over the world, Howard evokes the professional and the personal with verve and humor.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Royal Academy of Arts
- ISBN-13: 9781905711895
- ISBN: 1905711891
- Publication Year: 2011