Literary Forgery In Early Modern Europe, 1450?1800
"This book is dedicated to literary forgeries in Europe from the early modern period through the Enlightenment. The organizing principle of the volume is the study of literary and historiographical forgery--in print and manuscripts, not art forgery or counterfeiting--from classical and biblical antiquity to the close of the early modern period. Particular emphasis is paid to the unprecedented proliferation of patriotic mythologies from the Renaissance to the Enlightenment periods, advancing novel claims of ancient authority, genealogical precedence, and historically based religio-political legitimacy in the face of latter-day historical changes within Western culture. Literary Forgery in Early Modern Europe, 1450-1800 is the first in a quarter century toattempt to treat the subject of literary and historiographical forgery comprehensively, as an area of scholarly research in its own right"--
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Johns Hopkins Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781421426877
- ISBN: 1421426870
- Publication Year: 2019