One of Mexico's leading contemporary artists, Lourdes Grobet is a photographer who, for the past 20 years, has set her camera lens to look at Mexican popular culture, from female wrestling to northern emigration, from neo-Mayan architecture to Cuban immigration. Beyond photography, she has also tackled architecture, installation art and graphic design, collaborating with numerous institutions in Mexico and abroad to realize her projects. Throughout her long career, she has sometimes been associated with the Fluxus movement, and has had a great influence on the younger generations of Mexican artists, including Gabriel Orozco and Ruben Ortiz. Some of the institutions with which she has worked include the Museo de Arte Moderno of Mexico City, Museo Carrillo Gil, Museo Nacional de Arte, Museo de Bellas Artes, Museo Esteudio Diego Rivera, Fondo de Cultura Economica editorial, and Secretaria de Educacion Publica, among others. Grobet's work has been exhibited both individually and in group shows in the United States, England, France, Holland, Sweden, Venezuela, Brazil and Mexico.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Turner
- ISBN-13: 9788475066202
- ISBN: 8475066208
- Publication Year: 2005