Managing People In The Hospitality Industry
This is a book about being a successful manager in the complex hospitality industry. Approaching the subject in the context of personal development, it offers future managers essential knowledge and insight into the opportunities, the constraints, the problems and the solutions that face management at any level in the industry. Structured in six parts, this comprehensive volume is not merely concerned with the social and psychological aspects of people management, but also with the economics of labour, including: labour costs, utilisation, labour market behaviour and pay. These aspects are conjoined in the book with the skills of people management to reflect the dynamics of real-life practice. Combining theory and practice, Managing People in the Hospitality Industry offers a concise portrait of the industry at work and is essential reading for the hospitality managers of tomorrow.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9781138296886
- ISBN: 1138296880
- Publication Year: 2018