Mardi Gras Parade Of Posters
"Andrea Mistretta rightfully lays claim to the longest running and most successful Mardi Gras poster series in the storied history of the event. She has captured the elusive spirit of the celebration in a way that sets her work apart."--Arthur Hardy, author of Arthur Hardy's Mardi Gras GuideA celebration of the Mardi Gras experience, this collection of vibrant posters contains dozens of iconic Carnival memories from renowned airbrush artist Andrea Mistretta. Glimmering like colored jewels against the book's velvety black background, the posters all contain a variety of New Orleans symbols embedded in the fantastical images. Bright beads, second-line parade-goers, celestial imagery, and nods to the tradition of the Mardi Gras Indians are among the nuanced figures within the thematic designs. Rendered in an unforgettable and flamboyant style, Mistretta's poster series stands as a Mardi Gras tradition that has delighted locals and tourists alike since 1985. Created for lovers of New Orleans, art collectors, and Mardi Gras aficionados, this beautiful volume gathers all of the posters in the series--including those rare and out of print editions--for the first time to stunning effect.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pelican Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781589807785
- ISBN: 1589807782
- Publication Year: 2009