Marx, Methodology And Science: Marx's Science Of Politics
A clear and accessible account of Marx's method and an assessment of its scientific validity and relevance to contemporary social science. David Walker provides a clear analytical account of Marx's method and considers the claims of Marxism to be a science by measuring Marx's method against different models of science. The key methodological themes of Marx's work and their development are shown with particular attention paid to the elements of dialectics and materialism. Four models of science are outlined: positivism; critical rationalism; scientific conventionalism and scientific realism. The author concludes that Marx's method is a good example of scientific realism.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Ashgate Pub Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9780754611554
- ISBN: 0754611558
- Publication Year: 2001