Mathematics For Physics: An Illustrated Handbook
This unique book complements traditional textbooks by providing a visual yet rigorous survey of the mathematics used in theoretical physics beyond that typically covered in undergraduate math and physics courses. The exposition is pedagogical but compact, and the emphasis is on defining and visualizing concepts and relationships between them, as well as listing common confusions, alternative notations and jargon, and relevant facts and theorems. Special attention is given to detailed figures and geometric viewpoints, some of which would seem to be novel to the literature. Certain topics which are well covered in textbooks, such as historical motivations, proofs and derivations, and tools for practical calculations, are avoided. The primary physical models targeted are general relativity, spinors, and gauge theories, with notable chapters on Riemannian geometry, Clifford algebras, and fiber bundles.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: World Scientific Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9789813233911
- ISBN: 9813233915
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: 1