Memories Of Early Atomic Pioneers: Memories Of Early Atomic Pioneers Of The Atomic Energy Commission Hanford Engineering Works
When William (Bill) Compton arrived at Hanford, he was issued badge number TNX-35 indicating that he was the 35th person hired by the DuPont Company. Bill, like so many of his colleagues, were proud of the work they performed at the Hanford Engineering Works (HEW) for the Manhattan Project during World War II. The feats they accomplished were amazing. In 1994 Bill Compton began to notice that his colleagues were aging and some had passed on. Their stories and experiences were being lost. To preserve their amazing stories and accomplishments on the Manhattan Project, Bill conducted personal interviews and captured firsthand, their memories on audio tapes that are summarized here in this book. Bill Compton conducted most of the interviews featured in this book and Edgar Robert (Bob) Gilbert provided major support, transcribing all the interviews into readable text and conducting interviews when Bill was not available. Bob made a commitment to Bill prior to Bill's death, to ensure that all their hard work and the memories of their colleagues would not be forgotten. Without Bill's passion and Bob's diligent effort, this book would never have been possible.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781505701005
- ISBN: 1505701007
- Publication Year: 2015