Messerschmitt Bf109 Owners' Workshop Manual: 1935 Onwards All Marks
The Luftwaffe's Messerschmitt Bf109 single-seat fighter was the main combat adversary of the RAF's Hurricane and Spitfire fighters in the Battle of Britain. It could climb and dive faster than the RAF fighters and its competitive edge in combat was helped by its direct injection fuel system. It also had the edge on both the Spitfire and Hurricane when it came to the punch delivered by its array of machine guns and shell-firing cannon. Its formidable performance and potent armament made the Bf109, arguably, the best fighter of the Battle. This book covers the history of the 109, restoration to flight, the views of owners, pilots and engineers, operating and servicing. There are data boxes covering a wealth of 109 facts and figures, and interviews with owners and pilots (both WW2 Luftwaffe pilots and modern day owner-pilots). Photographs and illustrations are drawn from a variety of sources, including Luftwaffe official wartime manuals, official and private archives, restoration projects in the UK and overseas.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Haynes Pubns
- ISBN-13: 9781844256426
- ISBN: 1844256421
- Publication Year: 2010