Modern Industrial Cities: History, Policy, And Survival
Social scientists and planners frequently ignore historical findings. Conversely, urban historians may fail to consider work in other disciplines or the needs of planners. Designed to bridge these gaps, Modern Industrial Cities brings together prominent urbanists, historians, sociologists, planners, economists, political scientists, geographers, and policy-makers from throughout the US and Europe. Provocative interdisciplinary essays cast new light on essential issues of urban history -- and its critical implications for policy-making.'...it is a fascinating volume, filled with passing insights into both policy and historiography. The Commentary following each section is particularly useful, as well as are the introductory
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Sage Pubns
- ISBN-13: 9780803917613
- ISBN: 0803917619
- Publication Year: 1981