More Like A River: Short Stories
More Like A River is a collection of short stories, written and perfected over the years. Twenty-five stories await you, some of which are: December Blessing, a story in which a woman is led to a derelict tenement by a strange child; Kansas, 1939, a dust bowl story; Random Acts, where a woman waits in restaurants for her prey; Tom's Own Little World, in which a microbiologist discovers a miniature world that makes no sense; The Old Woman, a love story; Mr. O'Sullivan's Birds, in which two children learn a valuable lesson; Uncle Harold, a quirky mystery; The Prodigal Daughter, where a woman learns that in spite of what Thomas Wolfe said, you can go home again; and One Day in Camden, Maine, a slice of life vignette of old folks and true love. Adult fiction. (Mostly. There is one story in this collection that details my time in Alamos, Sonora, Mexico that is true.)
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781500371920
- ISBN: 1500371920
- Publication Year: 2014