Morin Heights is Pilot's third and final album with the original trio of David Paton, William Lyall, and Stuart Tosh. Lyall released his solo album, Solo Casting, the same year, and his role as a principal songwriter is reduced on Morin Heights to one co-credit. Guitarist Ian Bairnson stepped up to fill the gap, and as a result, Morin Heights contains some of the heaviest rock performances in Pilot's history, although it doesn't diverge much from their established sound. True to form, the band offers a radio-friendly single with "Canada," but the inscrutability of a Scottish group extolling the virtues of Canada over California may have contributed to its relative commercial misfortune. The playing, as usual, is first-rate, and there are a several fine compositions, but Morin Heights offers fewer pure pop delights than Pilot's previous two albums. ~ Greg Adams, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: RPM
- UPC: 5013929598591