Directed by Arthur Rossen, Starring Arthur Rossen, Milton A. Brown, Jim Corey, Louise Lorraine, Fred Burns, Francis Ford, Hoot Gibson, Buddy Hunter, Walter PattersonWritten by Arthur Rossen, Milton A. Brown, Jim Corey, Louise Lorraine, Fred Burns, Francis Ford, Hoot Gibson, Buddy Hunter, Walter Patterson
Nearing the end of his long association with Universal, rough-edged silent screen cowboy Hoot Gibson released eight sound Westerns in 1930 before the studio dropped him in favor of the more streamlined Ken Maynard. Mounted Stranger, a remake of Gibson's 1924 The Ridin' Kid From Powder River, certainly broke no new ground and the once so popular entertainer was increasingly criticized for refusing to change with the times. Gibson played Pete Ainslee, who as a child witnessed his father's killing. The adult Ainslee, known as the "Ridin' Kid," locates the killer, Steve Gary (Fred Burns ), whom he wounds in a gun battle. Gary, unfortunately, recovers and seeks revenge. Ainslee manages to stay a couple of steps ahead of the killer, who is subsequently killed by his own disgruntled gang members. Hans J. Wollstein, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Grapevine Video
- UPC: 842614104299
- Region: Region [unknown]