My Four Score And Ten Years: Memories Through The Eyes Of A Husband, Father, Grandfather, Professor, And World Traveler?
My Four Score and Ten Years is the memoir of a nonagenarian husband, father, grandfather, Kansas University professor, and world traveler. Jim Drury tells the story of his life, which spans most of the twentieth century, beginning with stories of his own grandfather in the 1880s. His recollections include the time he spent in Japan, Pakistan, Costa Rica and Poland, on the campus of KU and touring around the world with his wife in their later years. Jim Drury was born in 1919 in East St. Louis, Illinois. He studied at the University of Illinois and did his graduate work at Princeton. He lived in Washington, D.C., during the Second World War and served in the US Army. He remained an Army Reservist until his retirement. It was in Washington that he met and married his wife of over sixty-five years, Florence (nicknamed Danny). He and Danny later moved to Lawrence, Kansas, where they have lived for most of their lives and where Jim was a Professor of Political Science at Kansas University for over forty years. Jim and Danny have traveled extensively and lived for short periods in Japan, Pakistan, Costa Rica, and Poland.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Author Solutions
- ISBN-13: 9781450210744
- ISBN: 1450210740
- Publication Year: 2010