The Complete Set: 1922 1925
1922-1925 Complete Set contains all that is essential from the New Orleans Rhythm Kings, arguably the finest small combo white jazz group of the early '20s. Comprised of Paul Mares on cornet, George Brunies on trombone, and Leon Roppolo on clarinet, along with a rotating rhythm section, the Kings specialized in energetic early Dixieland pieces. Included here are four historic tracks they did with pianist Jelly Roll Morton ("Clarinet Marmalade," "Mr. Jelly Lord," "Milenberg Joys," "Sobbin' Blues") and several sides recorded as Paul Mares and His Friars Society Orchestra. ~ Steve Leggett, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Retrieval Recordings
- UPC: 608917903126