No Choice But To Follow
Poetry. Book + CD. Asian American Studies. This collection follows a year-long poetry chain written by four gifted poets--Jean Yamasaki Toyama, Juliet S. Kono, Ann Inoshita, and Christy Passion--following the style of Japanese linked verse, completed as an online project in celebration of the 30th anniversary of Bamboo Ridge Press, Hawai'i's oldest and longest-running independent literary small press. Includes a CD of the poets reading all 48 poems, insightful commentary by each on the writing process, and an article summarizing the history of renshi. "The poems were composed through 2008; one gets a sense of seasonal and social change as well as the whole quotidian gamut of life and, also, through the device of beginning the following poem with the last line of the previous one, a sense of multiple consciences and perspectives through these four gifted and vital poets. I wholeheartedly recommend this emotionally intelligent book that teaches us to be attentively human and to celebrate or heal memories great and intimate"--Robert Sullivan.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Distribution Center
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Bamboo Ridge Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780910043823
- ISBN: 0910043825
- Publication Year: 2010
- Edition: PAP/COM