No Choice But To Follow
Poetry. Book + CD. Asian American Studies. This collection follows a year-long poetry chain written by four gifted poets--Jean Yamasaki Toyama, Juliet S. Kono, Ann Inoshita, and Christy Passion--following the style of Japanese linked verse, completed as an online project in celebration of the 30th anniversary of Bamboo Ridge Press, Hawai'i's oldest and longest-running independent literary small press. Includes a CD of the poets reading all 48 poems, insightful commentary by each on the writing process, and an article summarizing the history of renshi. "The poems were composed through 2008; one gets a sense of seasonal and social change as well as the whole quotidian gamut of life and, also, through the device of beginning the following poem with the last line of the previous one, a sense of multiple consciences and perspectives through these four gifted and vital poets. I wholeheartedly recommend this emotionally intelligent book that teaches us to be attentively human and to celebrate or heal memories great and intimate"--Robert Sullivan.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Bamboo Ridge Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780910043823
- ISBN: 0910043825
- Publication Year: 2010
- Edition: PAP/COM