No Need To Wear Rubbers: The 1925 Travel Diary Of James O'neil
In 1925, James O'Neil, a businessman from the Newfoundland community of Bay de Verde took a well-earned vacation in Europe. He kept a detailed account of his activities as he visited Spain, France, Ireland and England. O'Neil's diary is a time capsule of the 'Roaring 20s' the decadence of Paris and the Riviera, the carnivals of Spain, the splendour of Versailles, the magnificence of London, the excitement of horse racing in Liverpool, and the echoes of political turmoil in Ireland. A delightful travelogue. Edited by his son, noted historian, Paul O'Neill. Lavishly illustrated, with detailed endnotes.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Boulder Pubns
- ISBN-13: 9780973850116
- ISBN: 0973850116
- Publication Year: 2005