North America: A Geographical Mosaic
The multi-layered, complex geography that characterizes the diverse region of North America has been forged by the interaction between man, past and present, and the physical environmental. This book captures the essence of such human and physical diversity in a collection of edited essays; drawing upon themes and case studies to provide a holistic approach to the geography of Canada and the United States. Split into a number of thematic sections,North America explores the physical and biotic milieus; people and culture; the North American economy; and the urban scene. It then looks in depth at a series of "regional vignettes": a selection of detailed snapshots of cities and regions, constructing a geographical mosaic from which to illustrate the continent's richness. This comprehensive and vibrant account concludes with an assessment of North America's role in the wider world.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hodder Arnold
- ISBN-13: 9780340692615
- ISBN: 0340692618
- Publication Year: 2000