On Rims Of Empty Moons
Johnny McBride has been running all his life Since age six, when he discovered his mother drowned in her wedding dress in the stock tank on their ranch, someone has been trying to kill young Johnny McBride. Everyone in Van Horn, Texas, it seems from the scion of the feuding clan on the surrounding ranch to his own witless father and brother wants to do him in. But Johnny has his defenses. Armed with his own brand of dark humor and unique take on the infamous "McBride luck," Johnny has the friendship of the green-eyed, blonde vaquero, Jose Navarette, who once rode with Pancho Villa. Moreover, he has the tenacity born of deprivation and the desert itself. From the West Texas wilderness, cratered and barren as the moon, to the jungles of Viet Nam and the impoverished villages of Mexico, the epic journey of Johnny McBride comes full circle. On his return to his desert home, Johnny discovers a landscape so mired in the seepage of corporate lust and betrayal that not even he can outrun it.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781497463226
- ISBN: 149746322X
- Publication Year: 2014
- Edition: 2