On Rims Of Empty Moons
Johnny McBride has been running all his life Since age six, when he discovered his mother drowned in her wedding dress in the stock tank on their ranch, someone has been trying to kill young Johnny McBride. Everyone in Van Horn, Texas, it seems from the scion of the feuding clan on the surrounding ranch to his own witless father and brother wants to do him in. But Johnny has his defenses. Armed with his own brand of dark humor and unique take on the infamous "McBride luck," Johnny has the friendship of the green-eyed, blonde vaquero, Jose Navarette, who once rode with Pancho Villa. Moreover, he has the tenacity born of deprivation and the desert itself. From the West Texas wilderness, cratered and barren as the moon, to the jungles of Viet Nam and the impoverished villages of Mexico, the epic journey of Johnny McBride comes full circle. On his return to his desert home, Johnny discovers a landscape so mired in the seepage of corporate lust and betrayal that not even he can outrun it.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781497463226
- ISBN: 149746322X
- Publication Year: 2014
- Edition: 2