One Way Tickets
The author, born 1925 in Berlin of German-Jewish professional parents, writes the story of three generations who left home never to return. It is the story of a time when loss of family and the transplanting of lives was commonplace. The author's own one-way tickets took her from Berlin to Munich to Breslau, the North Sea Coast, to London, to Kent, to Los Angeles, to Boston; to arrive finally in Paris. The description of each of these displacements is accompanied by photographs taken at the time.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lightning Source Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781608600885
- ISBN: 1608600882
- Publication Year: 2009