Online Comics Vs. Printed Comics: A Study In E Commerce And The Comparative Economies Of Content
Monetizing online content has been a complicated puzzle since the commercialization of the World Wide Web in 1994. Online Comics Vs. Printed Comics zeroes in a single type of content - the comic - and compares the methods used to turn comics into cash by both web cartoonists and print publishers. What types of revenue streams exist? When are these streams applicable? How does the online environment effect distribution and sales channels? When is it preferable to be an online company than a print-based company? Viewing content monetization through the lens of a single industry, these questions are explored through analysis and interviews with industry leaders from both the online and print comic communities.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lightning Source Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780974959818
- ISBN: 0974959812
- Publication Year: 2005