Organizational Communication: A Critical Approach
Organizational Communication is the first textbook in the field written from a critical perspective, while providing a comprehensive survey of theory and research in organizational communication. It familiarizes students with the field of organizational communication--historically, conceptually, and practically--and challenges them to reconsider their common sense understandings of work and organizations, preparing them for participation in 21st century organizational settings. Linking theory with practice, Mumby explores the significant role played by organizations and corporations in constructing our identities. He provides important ways for students to critically reflect on their own relationships to work, consumption, and organizations. This edition includes the most recent advances in research and theory, and incorporates new contemporary examples and case studies throughout the text.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Sage Pubns
- ISBN-13: 9781483317069
- ISBN: 1483317064
- Publication Year: 2019
- Edition: 2