Outer Beauty Inner Joy: Comtemplating The Soul Of The Renaissance
This book takes a spiritual look at the work and wisdom of Italian Renaissance-era writers and artists. Using the visual beauty of masterpiece paintings, sculptures, and architecture from this period, Julianne Davidow presents, in the words of Thomas Moore's foreword, a point of view that has been utterly lost to the modern mind: the idea that divinity and humanism go together. Soulful, timeless quotes from some of the most influential people of the era are placed with evocative images to create a book that reveals the attitude and quality of mind of a period that remain fundamental to modern spiritual and psychological thought.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Midpoint Trade Books Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781593730864
- ISBN: 1593730861
- Publication Year: 2010