Padmasambhava: The Great Indian Pandit
Padmasambhava is a Sanskrit word that literally translates as 'One Born from a Lotus'. An eighth-century Indian Buddhist master, Padmasambhava is widely venerated as a 'second Buddha' across Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan and the Himalayan states of India. It is because of him that Tibet gave up her imperialistic attitude and embraced the teachings of the Buddha. The heritage of the Vajrayana Buddhists all over the world can be traced to this one man from India. Due to his immense compassion and kindness towards sentient beings of this age, he is affectionately referred to as Guru Rinpoche-the 'Precious Teacher'. This simple yet deeply illuminating book, written by a master himself and adorned with beautiful and rare illustrations, is a great example of India's timeless Buddhist heritage.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Wisdom Tree
- ISBN-13: 9788183284653
- ISBN: 8183284655
- Publication Year: 2018