Paradigms And Opacity: Volume One
Paradigms and Opacity integrates Optimality Theory and Lexical Phonology, presenting a stratal OT model in which the properties of stems, words, and sentences are characterized by distinct parallel constraint systems that interface serially. This model accounts for morphology/phonology interactions and opaque constraint interactions better than models found in current versions of OT phonology. Evidence is provided from a very broad range of languages, and further support is offered on grounds of learnability, naturalness, historical change, and typological restrictiveness.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Stanford Univ Center for the Study
- ISBN-13: 9781575861968
- ISBN: 1575861968
- Publication Year: 2019