Paths To Paradise
Though Betty Compson is top-billed in Paths to Paradise, the film's real star is the ever-dapper, ever-unflappable Raymond Griffith. We lose our hearts to Griffith in the very first scene, where he passes himself off as a police inspector by flashing a gas meter reader's badge. The plot concerns a jewel heist engineered by Compson and Griffith right under the nose of dimwitted detective Edgar Kennedy. Though they escape scot-free, Compson has pangs of jealousy, whereupon the ever-obliging Griffith cheerfully agrees to sneak the jewels back into the safe, all the while keeping the dunderheaded Kennedy in the dark. Existing prints of the silent Paths to Paradise end with Compson and Griffith making their escape in a zany car chase; our knowledge of the film's actual outcome is predicated on an existing script and cutting continuity. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: MUSIC VIDEO DISTRIBUTORS
- UPC: 029502197254
- Region: Region 0