Peace Flowing Like A River: Thoughts Of Bishop Kenneth W. Hicks
KennethW. Hicks served sixteen years as a United Methodist bishop in Arkansas and Kansas with distinction and grace, and to this day encourages people to live every day with an attitude of peace and justice. He doesnA[a???a[t just want people to talk about peace and justice issues, he wants them to put those concepts into practice as commanded in the Bible: A[a???ASeek peace, and pursue itA[a???A (Psalm 34:14b NRSV). Throughout his episcopacy, Hicks wrote regular columns in United Methodist publications, and this book is a collection of his memorable thoughts from those well-received messages. In these pages, the reader is invited to discover HicksA[a???a[s appreciation for GodA[a???a[s extraordinary gifts; his wonder as to the glory of Christian holidays; his observations of the full responsibility of being in leadership in the church; and his desperate need for humankind to wake up and see what peace, justice, prayer, hope, and love can do. The reader is in for a real treat with this bookA[a???athere is poetry in the thoughts of Bishop Kenneth W. Hicks.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Flagship
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Phoenix Intl Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780982429532
- ISBN: 0982429533
- Publication Year: 2010