Pen & Ink Sketching
An introductory guide to sketching in pen and ink and pen and wash, covering a wide range of drawing subjects and styles. The author explores the full potential of working in pen and ink and discusses the many new pens and markers now available, which provide tremendous scope for experimentation. He believes that the instinct to draw is very strong in all of us and, beginning with simple lines and marks to demonstrate the range of effects that is possible with pen and ink, he builds up to more ambitious subjects. Chapters include equipment, what to draw on and what to draw with, using the imagination, sunlight and shadow, composition and layout, perspective and getting life and character into a drawing.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Sterling Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780713470529
- ISBN: 0713470526
- Publication Year: 1993