Perilous Passage: The Nervous System And The Universe In Other Words
This story is an account of Terry Wilson's lifetime apprenticeship under the master shamanic practitioner, Brion Gysin, the hidden master of the avant-garde, of whom William Burroughs said, "He is the only man I respect." The book focuses on events as they developed just prior to and after Gysin's death in 1986. Wilson details the extreme psychic "Third Mind" effects known as The Process, and includes transcribed audio hallucinations, notes, cut-ups, the interview format, and collaged material. The second edition includes a commentary by Ian McFadyen. Like Gysin and Burroughs, Wilson treats language itself as a parasitic invader which must be resisted, broken up and reassembled. This book is about how the magic was passed on and carried into the future. Brion Gysin was perhaps the most important and influential unknown artist and writer of the twentieth century. Associated early on with the Beat Movement, Gysin was supremely gifted as a painter, 'sound poet, writer, calligrapher, collagist, sculptor and scholar whose inspiration still reverberates in all the arts today. His close friendship and collaboration with William S. Burroughs produced a flowering in literature; his many disciples included painter Keith Haring, poet Patti Smith, jazz maestro Steve Lacy, rock musicians David Bowie and Mick Jagger. Gysin was adept at everything at which he tried his hand, continuously innovative and a master shamanic practitioner.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Synergetic Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780907791423
- ISBN: 0907791425
- Publication Year: 2012
- Edition: 2