Yesterday & Today: A Celebration In Song
RCA's three-disc Perry Como box is an excellent summation of the career of one of the best adult-pop singers of the 1950s and '60s. It's the best compilation of hits available, and includes the best songs of his early career ("Till the End of Time," "Prisoner of Love," "Temptation") as well as those from his later easy-listening period ("Papa Loves Mambo," "Juke Box Baby," "Tina Marie"). Even the final disc is entertaining, as Como turns in excellent MOR versions of songs like the Beatles' "Something," "How Insensitive (Insensatez)" and "Bridge Over Troubled Water." It may be a bit too much material for neophytes, but the lack of quality compilations on the market makes this one of the best available. ~ John Bush, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB St Louis Park
- Seller rating:
- Label: RCA
- UPC: 078636609829