Personal Injury And The Law Of Torts For Paralegals
This text for the paralegal course emphasizes personal injury and medical information useful in litigating torts cases. The text has two in-depth chapters on litigation before and during trial. It provides paralegal students with the foundational information on torts and teaches them how to apply the skills they will need when working as personal injury paralegals. The text features teachable and comprehensive coverage, beginning with an introduction to the concept of torts and then moving into each element of negligence. The book then tackles medical malpractice as a type of negligence. Intentional torts are covered next, followed by a chapter on workers' compensation. The book concludes with chapters on how to discover medical records, tort discovery, and litigation. An introduction to medicine is provided as an appendix. A special emphasis is given to medical information specifically related to personal injury, including a guide on how to obtain medical records and how to understand those records.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
- ISBN-13: 9781454873495
- ISBN: 1454873493
- Publication Year: 2017
- Edition: 4