Pharmaceutical Formulation Development Of Peptides And Proteins
Pharmaceutical formulation of peptides and proteins has become an important part of modern drug development. Many new drugs are based on peptide or protein recombinant technology going hand in hand with more traditional pharmaceutical formulation. In order to develop products with optimal characters, it is important to give scientists interdisciplinary knowledge and a thorough understanding of the complex nature of pharmaceutical formulation of peptides and proteins.This comprehensive volume brings the different aspects of peptide and protein formulation into focus, beginning with the fundamentals of the production of peptides and proteins, ranging from peptide synthesis and recombinant DNA technology to protein purification. It discusses the characterization and chemical stability of peptides and proteins, before moving on to formulation, detailing peptides and proteins in solution and as suspensions, as well as lyophilized peptide and protein products. There follows a case study on drug delivery systems for alternative routes of administration. Finally, regulatory aspects are discussed in terms of chemical and pharmaceutical documentation. Each chapter is written by experts in their respective areas.Scientists in the industry and academia, and postgraduate students in pharmaceutical science will find this a valuable resource, which can be dipped in to as a reference, or studied as a whole.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: CRC Pr I Llc
- ISBN-13: 9780748407453
- ISBN: 0748407456
- Publication Year: 2000