Plantation Mentality 1997 2015: Involving Racism Nepotism Favoritism Segregation Discrimination
Government employees are entitled to rights as outlined in written agreements between Union members, and the agency should not be privileged to change the rules, policies, and procedures documented. Failures by the Maryland County Government and the Union's disregard for a member's privileges to bargain, which led to a dismissed lawsuit and no justice, inspired author Ruby Dee Thomas to record them in this book. She hopes that no one is subjected to the injustices she received. About the Author Born in Washington, D.C., Ruby Dee Thomas worked for fifty years as a government employee. She is married with two daughters and three granddaughters. Her hobbies include sewing, singing, dancing, and crocheting and knitting, and she also performs yard work and home improvement projects. She completed two years of service as an Army National Guard reservist. She worked in the office of Mayor Marion Barry for two terms during thirty-five years of her first retirement in 1994. She continued for a second retirement, which included working with the House of Delegates, and finally retired from a Maryland County Government agency in 2012.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Dorrance Pub Co
- ISBN-13: 9781480923843
- ISBN: 1480923842
- Publication Year: 2016