Poems For The Church's Year
This book contains, in verse form, depictions of events in the Bible as they may have happened. Often ordinary or even unknown people, carrying out their daily activities, would be suddenly immersed in a supernatural occurrence. One example would be the shepherds looking after their sheep and then, in the middle of their work, becoming witnesses of the birth of Jesus Christ. Some of these poems seek to evoke the atmosphere on such occasions, and the reactions of the people present. Other poems are portrayals of the actual events themselves, while others again describe the present day commemorations of those special events which make up the Christian Church's Year.All royalties from the sale of this book go to the Little Way Association which, taking its name from the Little Way of St Therese, Patroness of the Missions, works to provide spiritual and material help to village communities in the developing world.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781480269217
- ISBN: 1480269212
- Publication Year: 2013