Political Communications: The General Election Campaign Of 1987
A unique mixture of academic research, professional experience and personal reflection, Political Communications examines the crucial dialogue between politicians and people that is conducted, via the Press, broadcasting and opinion polls, during the course of a British election campaign. Scholarly analysis is complemented by the contributions of individual experts from advertising agencies, polling organisations and political parties: among the latter is a piece on the successful Conservative campaign by the then chairman Cecil Parkinson. Special attention is paid to the innovative aspects of the 1983 campaign, e.g. the impact of the Alliance parties, of CND, of massively increased opinion polling, and of breakfast television. The concluding section considers election campaigning in the light of these changes, and examines the arguments for the legal regulation of what has become a political process of the utmost significance.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cambridge Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780521364034
- ISBN: 0521364035
- Publication Year: 1989